Essex Rescue, a nonprofit volunteer and career Emergency Medical Services (EMS) squad that responds to over 2,000 911 calls annually in five Vermont communities is seeking an experienced Interim Executive Director.
The responsibilities of the Interim Executive Director at Essex Rescue will include:
• managerial, administrative, and specialized work associated with overseeing an EMS agency;
• financial management, to include budgeting and accounting;
• supervision of assigned personnel;
• overseeing contractual activities;
• coordinating EMS activities with local, state, and federal partner agencies;
• and other operational duties as assigned by the President of the Board of Directors.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration
• Knowledge of basic financial procedures
• Ability to supervise volunteer and career staff members
• Ability to work independently on difficult or complex tasks
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing, both individually and publicly
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Five years of management experience including employee supervision, budgeting, financial management, inventory control, and contracting
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in management, finance, emergency services, public administration, business, or another applicable field
• A valid driver’s license and ability to complete a background check
This position has a negotiable salary. The Interim Executive Director will generally work Monday-Friday, 0800-1630 hours, with time off for lunch. Work on evenings and weekends is occasionally required. Interested candidates should email their resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Essex Rescue (firstname.lastname@example.org). The preferred start date for this position is June 19th, 2017, with flexibility for the right candidate. Position open until filled.